August 18, 2011

Life

Considering I refer to myself as a writer, I have been pretty bad at writing lately. Not just in this blog, but in life. I have not felt very motivated lately. Dog days of August syndrome? Or maybe just a general restlessness of life? I am not sure. The summer time has always made me happy, but this summer I am just not feeling it. Sometimes I think about what makes me happy. It is circumstance? Material? Love? How does one find the right balance? Even if we pretend that these things do not matter, we know that they do. It is hard to be happy if you are heartbroken or penniless or homeless. Even if we have everything we want there is always something that is missing. I certainly cannot say that I have everything I want in my life, but I have a good life filled with many great people. I think what is missing in my life right now is passion. I have always been a “late bloomer” so naturally I have yet to conquer the eternal question “what do I want to do when I grow up?” Well, at twenty-five I am certainly a good ways down the road to adulthood and I still haven’t figured it out. I guess that I need to figure out what I really am passionate about. My friend Lindsey is probably the most passionate person I know. She loves life and culture and is never afraid to express herself. Every time I am at her apartment she has just finished a new craft project and I leave feeling a bit envious of her creativity. I would say that I am a creative person, but not in the same way she is. It would take me months to create things that she can throw together in a matter of hours. I find that I quit things because I get bored or am afraid that they won’t come out right. She is able to grab the bull by the horns and just dive into a project. I need to try to do this more. After all, we only live once. So, in an attempt to get out of my boring end of the summer rut I have decided to make some life changes. I am going to explore my passions and hopefully find my way in world. First step? Broomball! My friend Airlie and I just signed up for a Broomball league. We will play once a week and meet some fun new people. Life changing? No. Fun? Yes. Second: new job. Plain and simple I need a change in my life. This is a little more complicated by the fact that I don’t know what I want to do, but any change is a positive one. Third: Language. I love to travel so I am going to take on learning a new language – I was thinking Spanish. Now that I have a plan to change my quality of life I have one thing left to do – enjoy the rest of the summer. It’s almost over.

Until next time my little chickadees.

No comments:

Post a Comment