January 13, 2011

Today at work I...

Cut paper. No really, I did. Note to self: when your boss asks you if you would like to do a "mind numbing task," the appropriate answer should be no. Not that I'm not thrilled to know that the $160,000 plus that my parents shelled out to the University of Vermont was obviously well worth every penny. In reality, I think first grade tuition at Packer was probably a more solid investment. After all learning to share and read are much more valuable skills in the real world than learning how to play "slap the bag" and "stump." I bet if I added these skills to my resume I'd be a very sought after candidate for any job. Then again stump is a challenging (and quite dangerous) game so it might be worth considering.

It is a new year. I always love a new year - it is a fresh start. Time to let go of the negative aspects of the past year and only embrace the good memories and lessons learned. Because it is a new year I am allowed to make promises about things I will do in the new year. I never make resolutions because I always break them and then feel bad afterwards so instead I will make "promises" or at least attempts at them. I promise I will update this blog more - I only wrote 8 entries last year so all I need is one more than that this year and I will have accomplished something. Go me. I promise that I will always be true to myself and do what makes me happy. That is really all you can count on in life. People often let you down so you must learn to be independent and live life for yourself. Once you are happy with yourself you will be ready to share your life with someone else. I am confident with who I am and feel I am ready for that step. Hopefully 2011 will be a productive and happy year and I will get everything I want. Either way, I promise that I will stay positive. No matter how many times you fall off that horse, you always have to get back on.

Happy 2011 to all.

I'm off to apply to grad school. Maybe with an MA i'll be ready to move on to glue sticks. Yippe!

No comments:

Post a Comment