July 15, 2010

Paradise

I have just returned from a short but glorious trip to Bermuda. I went for four nights with my dad and my sister. We stayed at the Fairmont in Southampton. Bermuda is such a beautiful place. It is not in the Caribbean, but it has the same feel as the islands down there do. It is a very peaceful place – the people are all very friendly and you can tell that they are happy. Unlike most of the Caribbean islands, Bermuda is a very well-off place. The prices of houses and all goods are very expensive as they have to import everything – it is a tiny island (only 22 square miles long!) All of the houses are painted bright colors: pink, yellow, blue, green, orange, even the airport is pink! Paradise. I cannot wait to go back. We spent out three days there going to the beach, eating wonderful meals and watching many ridiculous drunk people dance the night away at the night club, The Cellar. Of course we drank some dark and stormys and rum swizzles too! We snorkeled and walked on the pink sand beaches and one night we went on a glass bottom boat tour of a some reefs and a ship wreck in the Bermuda Triangle. It was heavenly. If you get a chance, go to Bermuda, as soon as possible!

Now I am back to the hot city and back to the grind of life. Having a schedule feels good, but it is also nice to get away. For my next adventure I would love to explore Central and South America and I would also love to go to Thailand. There is so much of the world that is still so unfamiliar to me and I cannot wait to explore it.

1 comment: